Sunday, March 27, 2005

SISPEC trainees, my heart goes out to you. But fuck, do I miss the Tekong bunks, which had showers with decent water pressure instead of being little more than dripping faucets.

Could someone also tell me why the mouse cursor on the class blog always points the other way? Been something like one-and-a-half years and I'm still mystified.

It has indeed been far too quick. 2004, especially. A deceptively slow start, then I blinked and it was suddenly the eve of prelims. Another blink and I was on the 7.30am fastcraft to Pulau Tekong, on the way to enlisting in the Singapore Armed Forces. Then "10...9...8...1 and Happy New Year" all over again. What a sneaky year - came and went like a thief in the night.

Not that 2003 took its time to pass. But yes, it was an amazing two years and the lot of you have been a fantastic bunch. I haven't found a better bunch of people I would rather be with.

Justin, that photo was definitely taken in July. Racial Harmony Day is the 21st of July every year, in commemoration of the race riots of 21st July 1964 - or has everybody forgotten this National Education factlet already?

We also need a 2004 collection of quotes. Quite sure we dropped a few gems last year, but my memory was never good. Someone help?

PS just for fun, let me see if I can list down all the guys' NS vocations:

Justin - Pre-enlistee
Mark - SISPEC trainee
Elgin - SISPEC trainee
Qiyan - SISPEC trainee
Roger - Officer cadet
Zihao - Signaller
Sean - Storeman
Daniel - Supply Assistant, 24th Battalion Singapore Artillery
Me - Field Artillery Target Acquisition, 24th Battalion Singapore Artillery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home